The chances of water mishaps are about to happen while adventuring or playing water sports. So you must be aware of handling the situations properly. In fact, you must have ideas about the different types of signal flags.
The different flags mean different things. However, as a boater or kayaker, you should know what does a red flag with a diagonal white stripe mean? Let’s explain the issue.
What is the Diver Down Flag?
A diver down flag is also known as a scuba flag. Basically, the flag used on the water. Actually, it will let the people indicate that a diver is below. It comes in two different styles.
The first one is white and blue that is used internationally. The other one is the red flag with a white stripe from upper left to the lower right corner. And this type is mainly used in North America.
One thing I should mention is that the white stripe is made up of reflective materials that makes it highly visible even in the night
The instructions for divers and kayakers
Whether you are diving, kayaking or enjoying any water sports session, safety would get the first priority. The danger can knock you at any time. So you should always have safety precautions.
So there are some of the water associations who have outlined different policies in order to save the divers and kayakers from the uncertain mishaps.
Follow the following rules to keep yourself safe:
- Before diving into the water, make sure that the engine of your boat is turned off. Then you won’t be hurt. In this case, you can get help from the driver of your boat or kayak to turn it off.
- You should always have a smart plan to handle emergency situations. You may get help from the experts to make an efficient plan to protect the accident. Also, you need to keep yourself vigilant to observe the situation.
- Do not forget to keep a diver down flag with you. And use this flag in emergency situations. This red flag with a white diagonal stripe will let the people be noticed that you are diving in that area.
The instructions for the Boaters
The boaters should also follow the safety instructions to avoid the uncertain danger or accident. In fact, you must be conscious about the safety precautions while boating or kayaking. You also need to follow all the things to keep yourself safe from the danger.
Related Post: Best Kayak Roof Rack
Maintain the following instructions to be safe:
- The first thing you need to maintain is that the other expert drivers do to keep themselves safe from the accident.
- You should always keep all the essential medical aids equipment on your boat. To be more precise, you should have a first aid box and oxygen units so that you can help the injured divers if they need.
- You should carefully look for “the Diver Down Flags”. If you see one, then avoid the area where the divers are diving. Apart from that, you should turn off the engine of your boat while passing the diver’s area to avoid the accident.